Summer is off and running.
What a great way to end the trip. Then, it was time for the long drive home.
We decided to make an adventure of our long road trip from San Diego to Reno. I found this brilliant website – Roadside America – the Guide to Uniquely Odd Tourist Attractions. (They also have an app.) Our fun stops broke up our trip in just the right ways, allowing time to stretch, catching a slice of Americana, seeing areas/people we might never have seen, random art and oddities and so much more. Off we go….
And day one is complete.
Wondering what to do with all those Fourth of July photos? Cubes are a great way to go. These cubes incorporate Fourth Of July’s over several years.
You might also add photos of:
- details on bikes
You can pick up 2″ blocks at Michael’s, print some photos, find some red,white and blue paper, and adhere it all the blocks. Quick, easy and a fun decoration to add your summer decor.
But with summer comes the “I’m bored.” Several years ago, I created a book/binder for my son filled with ideas, inspiration, how-to’s, anything that came to mind to stop the words “I’m bored” ever being uttered out of his precious mouth. The book was a huge success so I decided to update and expand it.
My goal was not to tell him what to do, but rather to inspire him to make, to do, to try, etc.
Here are some possible ideas to include:
1. Reminding them about toys/kits that are in their closet.
2. Pinterest has a wealth of ideas for projects/art – zentangles, cork art, recycled art, string art, paint techniques, duct tape creations, rainbow loom creatures, fuse beads
(perler beads) patterns, bubbles
3. Websites with great projects:
- King of Random on you tube – great science projects
4. Try new things – make a comic, play in Garage Band, Art Rage, Sketch Up, Scratch Programming, learn Adobe Photoshop, Khan Academy, Geocaching, learn coding at www.code.org, learn to play solitaire, Pokemon or Magic the Gathering, a random act of kindness
5. Learn – about an animal, a place you want to go, a time in history, Harry Potter spells
There are so many ideas you can put in a book like this – it is limitless.
Here is a little of what Harry’s Book of Summer Fun looks like: