What does a week in your life look like?
For years, I have been taking one week of a year and going in depth with what a week looks like for our family, inspired by Ali Edwards. I usually take a week where I know it will be a fairly ordinary, average week (if that actually exists).
The following are examples of what I photograph and document:
- what we are eating for breakfast
- what morning hair looks like
- the drive to school
- what the pets are doing
- what each of us is working on
- what lunch looks like
- what books we are reading
- what school looks like
- what projects my child is working on at school
- what dinner looks like
- what the nighttime routine looks like
- what tv we are each watching
- what shoes we are wearing
- what hobbies/projects we are working on
- what grocery shopping looks like
- what receipts look like
- what we are buying
- what games we are playing
- favorite toys
- funny/ interesting facebook posts
- what is on our computers
- the weather
- selfie photos
- things we like
- things we are struggling with
- things that are motivating us
- sports practice
- outside the window
- gas prices
- asking questions of my family – what made you happy today? this week? what made you sad? what was your favorite part of the week? favorite moments?etc…
The list goes on and on. You will be amazed with all the parts that make up your story.
I used Ali Edward 8.5 x 11 templates for my pages. Once I created my digital pages I put them together at Adoramapix. The quality of the book is just incredible – the vibrance of colors and clarity with thick lay flat pages. This is one of my favorite photo book printers! My one and only complaint with the company having very specific page count restriction is now gone, you can choose exactly how many pages work for you (up to 76 pages). This project is so worth it!
Thanks for letting us peek into your life Mary!!!